Translate

4 may 2013

Infinitive


5. Escoge la mejor opción para completar las frases.

  1. I'm going to the post-office ..... some stamps.
    1.   for to buy
    2.   to buy
  2. ..... from home can be stressful.
    1.   Working
    2.   Work
  3. I would like ..... English well.
    1.   speaking
    2.   to speak
  4. I'm worried about ..... enough money at the end of the month.
    1.   not having
    2.   having not
    3.   don't have
  5. I'm planning ..... anything this weekend.
    1.   to not do
    2.   not to do
  6. It's difficult ..... at the same time.
    1.   working and studying
    2.   to work and study
  7. I can't afford ..... a flat on my own.
    1.   renting
    2.   to rent
  8. They enjoy ..... their weekends at the seaside.
    1.   to spend
    2.   spending
  9. He suggested ..... the Modern Tate in London.
    1.   visiting
    2.   to visit
  10. I hope ..... this year.
    1.   to graduate
    2.   graduating

6. Completad el texto con la forma de infinitivo o de gerundio de los verbos entre paréntesis.


1. If you are a beginner, you need _______ (use) a bilingual dictionary. Bilingual dictionaries are good not just for________ (translate) but also for_______ (compare).
2. Spend time_______ (study) - if you don't study regularly, you won't become fluent.
3. Don't be afraid of mistakes - every time you are wrong, you are also able_______ (learn) something correctly.
4. Don't translate! It's easier_______ (learn) English if you can think in English.
5. Grammar isn't boring.________ (learn) English grammar will help you understand the language.
6. Find a friend_______ (practice) with!_________ (share) your learning adventure is a great way to go further and to have some fun along the way.
7. A qualified teacher is the best person_______ (help) you learn English.
8. Remember________ (do) things that you enjoy in English. If you are interested in gardening, read about it in English.
9. Try_________ (practice) all the areas of English: listening, reading, writing and speaking.
10. Remember that________ (learn) a language is not like cycling: if you don't use it, you lose it!



7. Completa las siguientes oraciones con la forma correcta del verbo entre paréntesis.

1. I like_______ (lie) on the beach and_______ (read) a good book.

2. I would love_________ (travel) to Japan one day.

3. I would hate________ (work) in a factory.

4. I hate________ (do) the washing-up after dinner.

5. I prefer_______ (rent) a flat to_______ (stay) in a hotel.

6. I would like_________ (do) a parachute jump one day.

7. I would prefer________ (take) the train if I had more time.

8. I love__________ (work) in my garden on Sundays.

9. I would love__________ (become) a pop singer one day.

10. I hate_________ (stand) while I eat.

8. Choose the correct form (infinitive with or without to or gerund).

  1. On 17th February 2003, a congestion charge for _____ (drive) in central London was introduced.
  2. The aim was _____ (reduce) the number of vehicles in London's City.
  3. People now have the choice between ______ (pay) the charge and not _____ (drive) into the City.
  4. The charge has proven very successful in _____ (turn) away traffic from the City.
  5. As the traffic has been reduced by about 20 percent, journey times in the City tend ______ (decrease).
  6. According to an opinion poll, more than 50 percent of Londoners say that it is okay ______ (charge) people for ______ (drive) into the City.
  7. They are relieved ________ (find) the traffic _______ (flow) more easily.
  8. Before ________ (introduce) the charge, average speed in the City was about 10 mph.
  9. Now, people who decide _______ (pay) the charge can ________ (travel) at a higher speed, approximately 20 mph.
  10. Many Londoners, however, have chosen ________ (go) by bus as delays to buses are now down by half.
  11. London's buses have seen passenger numbers ________ (rise) by 14 percent.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario